0800 083 0167

Calls are FREE from any phone

Feefo logo


I thought there was a deadline for claiming PPI?

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) imposed a PPI claims deadline of 31st August 2019. However, we, along with our carefully selected legal partner(s) can still process claims despite the deadline.

How do I know if I have a PPI Claim?

We can check your eligibility to claim. You can claim back PPI if the commission the lender received for the sale of the PPI was over 50% of the premium. This is known as a ‘Plevin’ claim. To check your eligibility to make a claim, simply enter your details on our website and we will do the rest for you. Alternatively, call 0203 105 7112 to speak to one of our claims specialists.

How do I know if I have paid PPI?

To find out if you have paid PPI simply enter your details on our website and we will do the rest for you. We will send a Subject Access Request to your bank which will disclose if you have ever paid PPI.

What do I need to do to begin a claim?

All you need to do to begin a claim is enter your details on our website or call on 0203 105 7112. We will then do all the work for you and keep you updated throughout the process.

What work will you carry out on my behalf?

We will identify if you have paid PPI with the lender(s) selected on our website. There is no charge for this service. If you have PPI and you meet the criteria for your claim to continue, we will contact you to let you know the next steps. We will identify whether you have PPI for free, you will be under no obligation to take the claim any further beyond the free PPI check.

Tax Reclaim FAQs

How far back can I claim?

You can claim back 4 tax years which means that you can claim back as far as May 2016. You can also claim for this current tax year and even for any future PPI settlements.

How much will I receive?

This will depend on your individual circumstances. As an example, Sally is a basic rate taxpayer and received a PPI settlement in 2017 & 2018 which included £900 in statutory interest in both years. As she only earned £100 interest on her other savings in each year, she is entitled to a £360 refund.

Sally earned £100 from her other savings in that year but had a £1,000 tax free allowance. The Bank took £225 off the statutory interest amount and paid this to HMRC as tax for Sally (The gross amount she should have received was £1,125). Sally’s total interest savings was £1,225 (£100 from her savings and £1,125 she would have received if the Bank had not paid the tax for her). Sally should have paid 20% tax on her saving interest over £1,000, so on the £225 extra the tax due was £45. As Sally paid £225 in tax, she is entitled to a refund of £180 (£225 minus £45) for each year so £360 in total.*

Claim back your PPI tax

Complete our online form: no paperwork required. We will submit your claim to HMRC on your behalf. You could be owed hundreds of pounds!


Please note that if you are self-employed, or in the higher or additional tax banding, you will need to contact HMRC directly to claim.

How much do you charge for my claim?

Where your rebate is successful, we will be entitled to a fee payable by you to us of 30% plus VAT of the tax rebate amount. By way of example, if you receive £300, our fee will be £90 plus £18 VAT.

What were the earning and saving thresholds over the last four years?

Your threshold will depend on your age and circumstances. Please visit the HMRC website for further details.

Could I end up paying more tax?

In most cases, you are likely to receive a rebate. There may be some circumstances that require you to pay additional tax. If you are a higher rate taxpayer earning over £50,000 and received more than £500 in interest from your other savings, you may need to pay the statutory interest at 40% rather than 20% which was paid for you. There may be other limited circumstances which push basic taxpayers over their threshold. Please contact us to discuss your details.

What if I received multiple PPI payouts over many years?

The good news is that you can submit a claim for every tax year that you received a PPI settlement, since May 2016.

Can I claim back myself?

As with other claims services, it is of course possible to make a direct claim to HMRC. Visit the HMRC website and complete the appropriate form. You will need to complete a separate form for every tax year you wish to claim against. If you need help to fill out the form, there are official HMRC notes that will provide help. Also, if you have an accountant, they should be able to provide assistance.